The University of Natural Medicine is devoted to higher education in the field of integrative and natural medicine, with educator designed degree, doctorate and diploma programs with distinguished educators and practitioners. Our uniquely designed course programs emphasize clinical and practical experience with practicing doctors and clinicians and embraces the mentorship experience that traditional medicine has been founded upon for thousands of years. We also offer engaging educational experiences with instructors that have a clinical and practical background.
The University of Natural Medicine is accredited by the American Naturopathic Medical Accreditation Board and the American Naturopathic Medical Board. These two bodies examine and qualify educational programs that represent traditional medicines and holistic treatment programs. Our joint venture affiliations give us access to additional accrediting bodies, including recognition by the World Health Organization.
Joint Venture Affiliations
The University of Natural Medicine International has entered joint venture affiliation with the following organizations:
- Shinnecock & Cherokee Tribal Nations
- Open International University of Complementary Medicine (OIUCM)
- Medicina Alternativa (MA)
- University of Health and Spiritual Sciences (UHSS)
Through these reciprocating relationships, we can offer our students clinical training in international locations, including Sri Lanka and Mexico in addition to local clinical training. Our graduates will also have opportunities to gain additional certifications, such as ministerial credentials and the M.D.(MA) through these affiliations.
Board Certification Eligibility
Graduates of doctorates in integrative medicine and naturopathy are eligible for board certification with the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board, Candidates may also be eligible for board certification as an Alternative Medicine Practitioner.
Some of the highlights of a University of Natural Medicine education:
- Programs and courses may be taken separately or as part of a degree program. This enables students with the training, credentials and opportunity to expand their knowledge for inclusion into an active healthcare practice while also progressing toward a degree.
- Degree programs include Bachelor of Science in Natural Health Sciences, Master of Science in Natural Health Sciences, Doctor of Philosophy in Natural Health Sciences, Doctor of Naturopathy, Doctor of Natural Medicine and Doctor of Integrative Medicine.
- A distinguished faculty of professors nationally and internationally, with clinical and practical experience in the natural medicine fields.
- Programs include online video course training, seminars, practical training, clinical training, seminar training, independent study by design and individualized training (mentorship) with instructors and clinicians.
- Our in-depth programs may have specific course requirements, but they can also be individually designed to meet students’ needs, goals, vocation and life plan.