Distance Learning Holistic Health Degrees and Certificate Programs Online
The University offers specialized Distance Learning and Clinical Training degree and certificate programs. Because students may enroll at any time during the year, it provides a convenient, flexible and specialized way to study that has a diminished impact on a student’s job and/or family. The independent study curricula combine modern day tools and technologies enhancing the quality of instruction and learning for each individual. Below is a general outline of the structure and sequence of an independent study degree program.
Structure & Sequence of Study
1. Our Degree programs are divided into a module-style. Each module is divided into courses, which include instruction methods such as: study guides, syllabi, exams, books, audio, video, disc/CD ROM, and recommended reading and research.
2. Each student will be required to obtain a library card in his/her area. A bibliostrategy course may be required if the student is unfamiliar with his/her library system.
3. Each student may be assigned a Dean and/or an Academic Counselor to assist him/her in the distance learning process.
4. Upon completion of a course, the student may be required to sit for a proctored exam. Each student will be required to locate a proctor in his/her area. Some courses do not require a proctored examination. Most exams are open-book as it has been demonstrated to be an effective learning process to become adept at resourcing reference materials.
5. Most distance learning degree programs require the student to complete a certain amount of credits in practical, residential or clinical training. Specifics will be outlined in the student’s course of study.