Bachelor of Science in Natural Health Sciences, B.S

The University of Natural Medicine’s Bachelor of Science in Natural Health Sciences (B.S.) degree program is individually designed to enable each student to apply past academic studies toward a degree through our institution.

The total number of required credit hours is determined from the amount of incoming credit earned and advanced placement received. The University’s specialized programs with majors in Clinical Nutrition or Botanical Medicine or Homeopathy require sufficient training in the field to assure competency in the disciplines. As required by our licensure any student will need to complete a minimum of 30 credit hours of study with the University of Natural Medicine.

College level courses to include: 35 Credit Hours in Communications, Mathematics, Sciences, Social/Behavioral Sciences, Humanities and Fine Arts.*

*Deficiencies in prerequisite preparation may be met as outlined in Special Admissions Provision. Most of these courses are available through the University and affiliates. Prerequisites may also be completed at a student’s local community college or university, and through various distance learning programs either on-line or via other media. All must meet regulatory approval.

REQUIRED CREDIT HOURS: A minimum of 30 to a maximum of 120 total credit hours of a combination of academic, practical, seminars, workshops and/or clinical experience in a given field are required for a Bachelor of Natural Health Sciences degree to be conferred. Incoming credit in the form of academic studies, trainings, seminars and clinical training may apply toward advanced placement.

A maximum of 75 percent of the units or credit that may be applied toward the award of a bachelor’s degree may be derived from a combination of any or both of the following:

(A) Units earned at institutions approved by the Bureau, public or private institutions of higher learning accredited by an accrediting association recognized by the U. S. Department of Education, or any institution of higher learning, including foreign institutions, if the institution offering the undergraduate program documents that the institution of higher learning at which the units were earned offers degree programs equivalent to degree programs approved by the Bureau or accredited by an accrediting association recognized by the U.S. Department of Education;

(B) Challenge examinations and standardized tests such as the College Level Placement Tests (CLEP) for specific academic disciplines.